WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A multi-vehicle accident in Katonah on I-684 south shut down all lanes between exit 7 and exit 5 on Thursday afternoon for nearly two hours.
Two northbound lanes were initially also closed after the accident occurred around 4 p.m.
All southbound and northbound lanes reopened as of 6 pm.
Emergency crews responded to the scene.
The accident occurred when a pickup truck traveling north went over the guardrail and into the southbound lanes, hitting multiple cars before landing on a passenger vehicle, according to LoHud.com. As many as three people were injured, according to the report.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Accidents Cause Delays On I-287, Taconic State Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway
- 4 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Briarcliff Skies Sunday
- 5 Briarcliff Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday