BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Briarcliff this week:
- Assemblywoman Sandy Galef and state Sen. David Carlucci recently presented a joint resolution to Briarcliff High School student Caroline Pennacchio for becoming a distinguished finalist in the 19th annual Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program.
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47, were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute between the couple at their New Canaan home.
- A new library in Ghana has received a big boost from a 13-year-old Ossining boy. As part of a community service project for his bar mitzvah, Coby Kilion collected more than 1,000 books and then raised more than $500 to ship the books for the African Library Project.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Briarcliff Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Briarcliff School District Budget Passes
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining