WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Westchester County that will remain in effect from 8 a.m. on Thursday through Friday at noon.
A slow moving cold front is expected to interact with tropical weather from Hurricane Arthur, which will create heavy rainfall and possible thunderstorms in the area. Approximately 1-3 inches is expected with locally higher amounts.
Flooding could occur in urban areas, roadways and areas with poor or no drainage. Flooding of small streams is also possible.
Precipiation is expected to remain in the area through Friday morning before eventually clearing.
- 1 Briarcliff Resident Uses Appearance On ABC-TV Show To Help Fight Bullying
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash