WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Westchester County that will remain in effect from 8 a.m. on Thursday through Friday at noon.
A slow moving cold front is expected to interact with tropical weather from Hurricane Arthur, which will create heavy rainfall and possible thunderstorms in the area. Approximately 1-3 inches is expected with locally higher amounts.
Flooding could occur in urban areas, roadways and areas with poor or no drainage. Flooding of small streams is also possible.
Precipiation is expected to remain in the area through Friday morning before eventually clearing.
- 1 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 2 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 5 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician