WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Westchester County that will remain in effect from 8 a.m. on Thursday through Friday at noon.
A slow moving cold front is expected to interact with tropical weather from Hurricane Arthur, which will create heavy rainfall and possible thunderstorms in the area. Approximately 1-3 inches is expected with locally higher amounts.
Flooding could occur in urban areas, roadways and areas with poor or no drainage. Flooding of small streams is also possible.
Precipiation is expected to remain in the area through Friday morning before eventually clearing.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Briarcliff
- 3 Briarcliff High School Senior Recognized For Her Jewish Teen Leadership
- 4 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 5 Briarcliff Manor Student Aids In Last Minute Girls Lacrosse Game Win