WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Westchester County that will remain in effect from 8 a.m. on Thursday through Friday at noon.
A slow moving cold front is expected to interact with tropical weather from Hurricane Arthur, which will create heavy rainfall and possible thunderstorms in the area. Approximately 1-3 inches is expected with locally higher amounts.
Flooding could occur in urban areas, roadways and areas with poor or no drainage. Flooding of small streams is also possible.
Precipiation is expected to remain in the area through Friday morning before eventually clearing.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Briarcliff Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Briarcliff School District Budget Passes
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining