BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- The Village of Briarcliff Manor and Con Edison have been spray painting sections of Pleasantville Road in anticipation of renewed gas main work, according to Village Manager Philip E. Zegarelli's latest report.
The gas main work will be a nighttime event. Exact locations and times will be determined next week.
Officials will meet in Pleasantville to hear and review the state Department of Transportation's plans for reconstruction of Saw Mill River Parkway stone bridges.
Sleepy Hollow Road was closed from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Monday, March 7 for the transiting of a large crane for tree removal by Con Edison.
A Woody Allen film shoot started March 7 at 508 Scarborough Road and will run for around 3 weeks on Mondays through Fridays.
The Pavilion roof and kitchen at Law Park have been removed. Work has begun on a deck and fencing outside the Pavilion perimeter.
Tyler Tech has been mailing out "data mailers" to Town of Ossining-side Village of Briarcliff Manor individual property owners.
In other village news:
From the library and community center:
- "The Martian" will play at the library on March 11 at 7 p.m. Registration is recommended by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Top Ten Mistakes Students Make on Their College Application Essays: presented by Randy Levin on Thursday, March 10, from 7 to 8 p.m. Registration recommended by emailing email@example.com .
- Super Sonics: The Science of Sound, Listening and Music: feedback from potential participants is sought before a date is set for the 6th through ninth grade workshop series. Click here for the online survey.
- Middle School Art Month: A public reception will take place March 11 from 3 to 5 p.m. Art will be on display until March.
From Recreation and Parks:
- Spring program registration and pool and tennis permit sales begin March 14.
- The 2016 Spring/Summer Recreation Brochure will be available online soon.
- Day Camp Season will run from July 5 through Aug. 5. Registration begins MArch 14.
- Tree Camp for grades K-1 will return to the Todd School.
- Super Camp for grades 2-3 and Camp Adventure for grades 4-6 will operate at the Briarcliff Middle/High School campus.
- The new Briarcliff Multi-Sports Camp will operate at the Youth Center for grades 4-6.
- Camp Horizon will operate as a three-day per week travel only program for kids entering grades 7-9.
- Various one-week camps will take place throughout the summer.
For more information about goings-on in the village, visit www.briarcliffmanor.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.