BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Con Edison's work on installing the first portion of the new gas main has been completed, according to Briarcliff Village Manager Philip Zegarelli’s latest report.
The repaving of the Club Field parking lot has also been finished.
Con Ed Update
Pleasantville Road Gas Mains: The individual installation work continues, followed by road plate removals. Residents will be contacted individually by Con Ed or their on-site agent, Hawkeye.
Hydrant flushing: There is no flushing this week.
Library and Community Center
- Stories and a Craft is set for Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. for children ages 2-6 with caregivers. No registration is required.
- Free downloadable e-books and audiobooks are available here or by calling 941-7072.
- Exhibit of oil paintings: "A Return to the Basics" by Richard H. Alexander, former New York City firefighter, is on display on the second floor until Wednesday, Aug. 31.
Recreation and Parks
- Law Park Pool Hours: Hours are daily, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. unitl Monday, Sept. 5. Contact the recreation office if you'd like to purchase a daily use permit or for guest passes. Office hours are 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Community Day 2016: Features will include food truck vendors. Nonprofit groups interested in participating should contact the Recreation Department for details.
- Fall brochure: Will be available Thursday, Sept. 1, on the Village website.
- Tennis courts: Courts are open. Permits are required.
- Board of Trustees work session and meeting: Wednesday, with work session at 7 p.m. and board meeting at 8 p.m.