BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Briarcliff this week:
- Office supply giant Staples plans to close 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and 10 Westchester locations could be affected.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- Former Yonkers Deputy Mayor and Valhalla resident Andrew Maniglia admitted to recording a sexual encounter with a woman without her consent.
- The City of Peekskill is mourning 48-year-old firefighter Kevin Bristol who died after suffering a heart attack.
- State Police arrested a Pleasantville woman and charged her under Leandra's Law with aggravated driving while intoxicated, because she had a child in the car when she was arrested.
- Patrick Smith, a 26-year-old Florida man, has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for a murder.
- 1 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak