BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Briarcliff this week:
- Office supply giant Staples plans to close 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and 10 Westchester locations could be affected.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- Former Yonkers Deputy Mayor and Valhalla resident Andrew Maniglia admitted to recording a sexual encounter with a woman without her consent.
- The City of Peekskill is mourning 48-year-old firefighter Kevin Bristol who died after suffering a heart attack.
- State Police arrested a Pleasantville woman and charged her under Leandra's Law with aggravated driving while intoxicated, because she had a child in the car when she was arrested.
- Patrick Smith, a 26-year-old Florida man, has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for a murder.
- 1 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Accidents Take Out Lanes On Taconic, Route 9A
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Briarcliff
- 5 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84