OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Charles L. Brieant Community Center is honoring Ossining High School and Middle School students for their scientific achievements and their efforts to embrace diversity.
The event takes place on Jan. 23 at Crabtree’s Kittle House from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The restaurant is at 11 Kittle Road in Chappaqua.
At the gala the Ossining High “Gimmee the Mic” students will perform.
Village of Ossining Mayor William Hanauer and Westchester County Legislator Catherine Borgia will serve as co-chairs.
The center, a nonprofit organization, is entering its fifth year and has tripled in size. It now offers six programs: Leadership, Peer Mediation, School to Career Mentoring, Conflict Resolution Without Violence and the Arts.
The mission of the community center is to bring after- school enrichment programs to the Ossining Schools and a detention home for incarcerated youth. All programs are free of charge.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Briarcliff
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Briarcliff