OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Charles L. Brieant Community Center is honoring Ossining High School and Middle School students for their scientific achievements and their efforts to embrace diversity.
The event takes place on Jan. 23 at Crabtree’s Kittle House from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The restaurant is at 11 Kittle Road in Chappaqua.
At the gala the Ossining High “Gimmee the Mic” students will perform.
Village of Ossining Mayor William Hanauer and Westchester County Legislator Catherine Borgia will serve as co-chairs.
The center, a nonprofit organization, is entering its fifth year and has tripled in size. It now offers six programs: Leadership, Peer Mediation, School to Career Mentoring, Conflict Resolution Without Violence and the Arts.
The mission of the community center is to bring after- school enrichment programs to the Ossining Schools and a detention home for incarcerated youth. All programs are free of charge.
- 1 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case