BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Briarcliff Manor is seeking the community's input as it gets ready to make improvements to the downtown “streetscape,” said Village Manager Philip E. Zegarelli in his weekly report.
A public workshop on the effort is Wednesday, Oct. 5, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the at the WJV Community Center, 1 Library Road.
The village has hired New York urban design firm, BFJ Planning, to review the current condition of the business district and provide for concepts and planning features for the future.
Road paving program:
- The current phase of the 2016 road paving program has been wrapped up while Con Ed related work is ongoing, as well as pending start-up of road related work funded with the WC, NYS and Federal DOT’s.
- An Adult Coloring class begins today, Sept. 26 and runs from 1 to 2:30 p.m. There will be drop-in registration for the class with no artistic skills required.
- What Counts in the College Admissions Process is offered Thursday, Sept. 29 at 6:30 p.m. The program will cover finding the right match, how colleges admit students, what students have done in the past to get in, and how to get the most out of college, as well as how to stay calm throughout the process. Register by email to Shelley Glick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Library at (914) 941-7072.
Bicycle safety storytime:
Learn about bicycle safety with a guest speaker from the Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation, Thursday, Sept. 29 at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool storytime: Three and four-year-olds, Thursdays, at 10:30 a.m. This is a drop-in program, with no registration necessary.
- Sonics: The Science of Sound, Listening and Music: free hands-on workshop for students in grades six to nine explores scientific principles that make the human sonic experience unique. Participants will design instruments, create a "soundscape," and learn about the basics of sound production. To register, click here .
- Photography by Robert Uricchio will be on exhibit through Sept. 30 on the library's second floor.
- For a brochure with a complete listing of programs for adults, children and teens at the Briarcliff Manor Public Library, click here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.