BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Randi G. Brown, school psychologist in the Briarcliff Manor School District, has been certified as a bully-prevention specialist.
This certification through the New York Association of School Psychologists (NYASP) gives school psychologists an in-depth understanding of the complexities of bullying behavior and the tools to develop strategies to address and stop bullying in schools.
A Frank Plumeau School Psychologist of the Year Award recipient in 2005, Brown said she is passionate about increasing awareness about bully prevention, particularly cyber bullying. She adds “bullying needs to be addressed from all angles – the bully, the victim and the bystander. Whether in the school setting or through social media, children need to be mindful that everyone is affected by bullying behavior”.
- 1 Briarcliff Resident Uses Appearance On ABC-TV Show To Help Fight Bullying
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Briarcliff
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car