BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Briarcliff Manor officials are advising residents of a "major power outage" on Pleasantville Road.
Officials issued a notice on the Village of Briarcliff Manor website Thursday, April 10. The notice advises residents that "what started as a smoke detector alarm early this morning was a precursor to a major electrical short," according to the notice.
"The end result was a major transformer fire in our downtown business district block along Pleasantville Road," village officials said on the website. "Early and initial BMFD (Briarcliff Manor Fire Department) responses helped to contain damage but primary power has been largely lost in the area."
Many of the stores on Pleasantville Road were without power. The outage also knocked out power to traffic signals at Pleasantville and North State Roads as well as at the South State Road “bump-out,” according to the notice.
"Restoration of power is a whole other subject. Every effort will be made to push for full restoration," according to the notice. "In the meantime, you are asked to use caution when driving in the area and to obey traffic signs and monitors who are assisting in the restoration effort."
- 1 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 2 Briarcliff Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Briarcliff