BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Briarcliff Manor officials are advising residents of a "major power outage" on Pleasantville Road.
Officials issued a notice on the Village of Briarcliff Manor website Thursday, April 10. The notice advises residents that "what started as a smoke detector alarm early this morning was a precursor to a major electrical short," according to the notice.
"The end result was a major transformer fire in our downtown business district block along Pleasantville Road," village officials said on the website. "Early and initial BMFD (Briarcliff Manor Fire Department) responses helped to contain damage but primary power has been largely lost in the area."
Many of the stores on Pleasantville Road were without power. The outage also knocked out power to traffic signals at Pleasantville and North State Roads as well as at the South State Road “bump-out,” according to the notice.
"Restoration of power is a whole other subject. Every effort will be made to push for full restoration," according to the notice. "In the meantime, you are asked to use caution when driving in the area and to obey traffic signs and monitors who are assisting in the restoration effort."
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 3 Briarcliff's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Westchester Football Teams Advance In Sectional Playoffs