BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. -- Online registration for the 2014 Briarcliff Little League spring season is now open .
Due to Little League regulations, the age of a child is based on the age on April 30, 2014. There are no exceptions. Little League age has nothing to do with the school grade of your child.
Parents can register their children online for the following divisions:
Cubs (Tee Ball) Division:
- Little League ages 5-7
- There are no tryouts for 5 or 6 year olds
- 7 year olds should go to the skills assessment if they wish to play in the AA Division
- All current and new coaches or assistant coaches will have to complete a background check
- Practices and games will take place on Saturday mornings
AA (Machine Pitch) Division:
- Little League ages 7-8
- If there are slots available, then 8 year olds may have an opportunity to play in the Minors based on the skills assessment
- Practices and games will take place at 5 p.m. during the week (1 - 2 weeknights) and on Saturday mornings predominantly at Neighborhood Park or at McCrum.
- Little League ages 8-11
- 10 & 11 year olds are eligible for the Majors draft; if they are not drafted then they will be placed in the Minors
- Practices/Games will take place at 5 p.m. during the week (1 - 2 weeknights) and on Saturday mornings predominantly at McCrum.
- Little League ages 10-12
- Players on Spring 2012 Major League rosters do not need to attend the skills assessment
- All 12s will play in the Majors
- 10s & 11s will be selected by draft and based on roster slots; undrafted 10s and 11s will be slotted in the Minors
- Practices/Games will take place at 5 p.m. during the week (1 - 2 weeknights) and on Saturday mornings predominantly at Ryder Park. There will be occasional night games at the High School Little League/Softball field which is back in use this spring.
For more information, contact Arthur Hardy at ArthurH99@optonline.net
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.