BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Lawmakers from the villages of Ossning and Briarcliff could not come to an agreement on a proposed annexation of two election districts during a meeting on Tuesday, March 11, meaning the proposal could land in court, according to LoHud.com.
Officials from Briarcliff Manor support annexing the two unincorporated election districts known as the "1720," but their Ossining counterparts stand opposed to it due to a potential negative impact on municipal services, LoHud.com reported.
Briarcliff Manor can now bring the proposal to the Appellate Division of the State Supreme Court, but a decision to do so is still pending, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Properties In Westchester, Report Says
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Briarcliff on Wednesday
- 4 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 5 Female Suspect From Westchester Identified In NJ Bank Theft