BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Lawmakers from the villages of Ossning and Briarcliff could not come to an agreement on a proposed annexation of two election districts during a meeting on Tuesday, March 11, meaning the proposal could land in court, according to LoHud.com.
Officials from Briarcliff Manor support annexing the two unincorporated election districts known as the "1720," but their Ossining counterparts stand opposed to it due to a potential negative impact on municipal services, LoHud.com reported.
Briarcliff Manor can now bring the proposal to the Appellate Division of the State Supreme Court, but a decision to do so is still pending, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 4 Clintons Make First Joint Public Appearance Since Hillary Enters Race
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says