BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Lawmakers from the villages of Ossning and Briarcliff could not come to an agreement on a proposed annexation of two election districts during a meeting on Tuesday, March 11, meaning the proposal could land in court, according to LoHud.com.
Officials from Briarcliff Manor support annexing the two unincorporated election districts known as the "1720," but their Ossining counterparts stand opposed to it due to a potential negative impact on municipal services, LoHud.com reported.
Briarcliff Manor can now bring the proposal to the Appellate Division of the State Supreme Court, but a decision to do so is still pending, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 State Police Warn Briarcliff Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Briarcliff Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute