BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Lawmakers from the villages of Ossning and Briarcliff could not come to an agreement on a proposed annexation of two election districts during a meeting on Tuesday, March 11, meaning the proposal could land in court, according to LoHud.com.
Officials from Briarcliff Manor support annexing the two unincorporated election districts known as the "1720," but their Ossining counterparts stand opposed to it due to a potential negative impact on municipal services, LoHud.com reported.
Briarcliff Manor can now bring the proposal to the Appellate Division of the State Supreme Court, but a decision to do so is still pending, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Briarcliff Man Charged In Theft Of Credit Cards From Two Gyms
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp Off Saw Mill