BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Lawmakers from the villages of Ossning and Briarcliff could not come to an agreement on a proposed annexation of two election districts during a meeting on Tuesday, March 11, meaning the proposal could land in court, according to LoHud.com.
Officials from Briarcliff Manor support annexing the two unincorporated election districts known as the "1720," but their Ossining counterparts stand opposed to it due to a potential negative impact on municipal services, LoHud.com reported.
Briarcliff Manor can now bring the proposal to the Appellate Division of the State Supreme Court, but a decision to do so is still pending, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Briarcliff's Jamie Nadler's Research Published In Medical Journal
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Briarcliff Skies Sunday
- 3 Saw Mill River Parkway Reopens After Multi-Car Crash
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Briarcliff Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday