ELMSFORD, N.Y. A 1989 BMW 325 caught fire in the parking lot of the Elmsford Burger King Friday morning.
The car's owner, Glenmore Osborne, 31, an Elmsford resident, said he was in the drive-through around 9 a.m. when he saw smoke coming from underneath the hood. He immediately parked the car and left the car with his girlfriend and 3-year-old daughter, who were also inside.
I ran to the Burger King and grabbed the bucket of mopping water, he said.
Osborne threw the water onto the hood, but the smoke kept increasing. He then called 911, he said. While the firefighters were on their way, Osborne watched the flames slowly engulfing his car, moaning, Oh, man, look at my car.
He said he had no idea of what could have caused the fire.
It just went up in flames, he said.
The firefighters arrived at 9:18 a.m. and quickly put out the fire.
It could be anything from electric, an oil leak, said Lt. Tyler Rush of the Elmsford Fire Department. Theres no way for us to tell right now.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.