OSSINING, N.Y. - Bernice Woods, a lifelong resident of Ossining, died March 25. She was 86.
Woods was born Feb. 28, 1927 in Ossining to Jesse and Agnes Clarkin Osborne. She worked at the A&P in Briarcliff. She was a communicant of St. Augustine’s Church.
Woods is survived by her husband, Raymond; daughters, Patricia Lips (Raymond), Maureen Daddazio (Donald); four grandchildren; a great-grandson; caretaker and friend Joyce Harris; and nephews.
Calling hours are Saturday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Leach & Thomas, Inc. 32 State St. Ossining. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated Monday 10 a.m. at St. Augustine’s Church, with burial St. Augustine’s Cemetery.
- 1 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Briarcliff Welcomes Famed Children's Entertainer
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Briarcliff