OSSINING, N.Y. - Bernice Woods, a lifelong resident of Ossining, died March 25. She was 86.
Woods was born Feb. 28, 1927 in Ossining to Jesse and Agnes Clarkin Osborne. She worked at the A&P in Briarcliff. She was a communicant of St. Augustine’s Church.
Woods is survived by her husband, Raymond; daughters, Patricia Lips (Raymond), Maureen Daddazio (Donald); four grandchildren; a great-grandson; caretaker and friend Joyce Harris; and nephews.
Calling hours are Saturday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Leach & Thomas, Inc. 32 State St. Ossining. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated Monday 10 a.m. at St. Augustine’s Church, with burial St. Augustine’s Cemetery.
- 1 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case