OSSINING, N.Y. -- An overturned garbage truck on Route 9A northbound was causing severe traffic in Ossining Monday afternoon and left the driver hospitalized with neck and back injuries, according to Westchester County Police spokesperson Kieran O'Leary.
At around 12:20 p.m., the garbage truck collided with a pickup truck and overturned onto its passenger side, according to police. The sanitation driver was transported to the Westchester Medical Center with neck and back injuries after he was removed from the truck by members of the Ossining Fire Department. The driver of the pickup truck refused medical attention at the scene.
The overturned vehicle blocked all lanes and police were directing traffic off the roadway at Shady Lane Farm Road. Police are cleaning up spilled gasoline on the roadway while conducting an accident investigation.
Stay with The Daily Voice for more on this story.
- 1 Briarcliff Manor Ranked New York's Safest Place To Live
- 2 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 3 780 Pleasantville Road Is The Briarcliff Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Astorino's Son Fires Back At Cuomo, Attack Ad