Have you ever forgotten a wet load in the washing machine? Did you know that running a wash cycle with two cups of white distilled vinegar will get rid of that musty odor?
White vinegar, which is distilled from corn, is a valuable weapon in your arsenal of cleaning supplies, particularly in the laundry room. Here are some ways it can turn you into a laundry pro:
• Add a quarter-cup of vinegar to the last rinse for ultra-clean clothes. The vinegar will remove soap residue and prevent yellowing. It also acts as a fabric softener.
• Spray full-strength vinegar on grimy shirt collars and perspiration or deodorant stains before tossing in the washing machine.
• Add a quarter-cup of vinegar to the final rinse to keep dark colors from looking dull.
• Mustard, ketchup and tomato sauce stains will clean up more easily if you dab them with vinegar before washing.
• Scorch marks from an iron can sometimes be removed by rubbing them with a warm vinegar and salt solution. If that doesn't work, try dabbing with full-strength vinegar.
White distilled vinegar is an eco-friendly cleaner. Do you use it in your house? Leave a comment, please.