OSSINING,N.Y. Theres no reason to leave the Briarcliff Manor area this weekend if youre looking for something to do. Heres a list of weekend events in Briarcliff Manor and Ossining.
- Fans geared up for the Ossining Girls Basketball Teams trip to the state semifinals can hitch a ride. A bus is leaving from the high school gymnasiums parking lot at 4 p.m. Those interested are asked to pay $25 per person. Admission to the game at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy is $10.
- The Ossining Public Librarys Get Your GED program gets underway from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tutors are set to be available for free every Friday in the teen room. For more information, residents are asked to contact Robin Osborne at the Westchester Library System at (914) 231-3237 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Briarcliff Manor Public Library presents The Eyes of March: Visions of Spring Art Show. The show, running throughout March, features work from members of the Ossining Arts Council.
- Free drop-in help with computers at the Ossining Public Library from 11 a.m. to1 p.m. For more information, residents are asked to contact Cheryl at 941-2416 ext. 315.
- The Maryknoll Sisters Centers Centennial Art Exhibit continues, starting at 10 a.m. The free show at 10 Pinesbridge Road, runs through May 21.
- The Ossining Public Library features a photography class from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. To register prior to the class, residents are asked to contact Director Jim Farrell at 941-2416 ext. 333.
- The Ossining Public Librarys Baseball and Books program continues with The Sandlot, at 2:30 p.m. in the Budarz Theater.
- Tasty Port Wine & Spirits hosts a free wine tasting starting at 4 p.m. A wine expert is scheduled to be on site.
- Story time and crafts at the Briarcliff Manor Public Library. Event is for children ages 2 to 6 with a parent or guardian. Registration is recommended at 941-7072.
- St. Anns Peas & Karrots St. Patricks Day Party runs from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. A dinner featuring corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread and assorted desserts will be served. The event also includes Irish Step Dancers, a DJ, dancing and a 50/50 raffle. Cost is $20 per person or $10 for students. Ages 3 and under are free. For reservations please call 941-0312, St. Anns Peas & Karrots, 16 Elizabeth St., Ossining.
- The Ossining Public Library presents Quintessentielle Variations Two at the librarys gallery. The show runs throughout March.
- Free classes at Josies International School of Dance run from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the companys open house. Those looking for more information are asked to call (914) 432-8502 or visit www.josiedance.com.
- The Shattemuc Yacht Club in Ossining hosts a sunset at 3 p.m. Residents can tour the club, learn about boat ownership, sign up for classes and meet members of the Yacht Club.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.