OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Jug Tavern of Sparta is hosting a walking tour of the Sparta neighborhood Sunday, May 18 at the south end of Ossining.
The tour will begin at 1 p.m. Sunday, May 18 at the Jug Tavern at Rockledge Avenue in Ossining. The tour will begin with a showing of the newly produced video “The Battle for Sparta.” Participants will then walk about six blocks through the neighborhood learning about the historic homes in the landmarked district. The tour will be led by Dr. Alan Stahl, a historian who serves as president of the Jug Tavern, Inc., the not-for-profit that operates the historic building at the entrance to the Sparta community.
The tour is free, but participation is limited to 20 people. For a reservation or further information, residents can contact email@example.com. Future tours are scheduled for June 8, July 13, and August 10.
- 1 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 2 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 3 Female Suspect From Westchester Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 Accident Takes Out Lane On Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Accidents At I-684/I-84 Interchange, Taconic, Hutch, Cause Delays