OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Jug Tavern of Sparta is hosting a walking tour of the Sparta neighborhood Sunday, May 18 at the south end of Ossining.
The tour will begin at 1 p.m. Sunday, May 18 at the Jug Tavern at Rockledge Avenue in Ossining. The tour will begin with a showing of the newly produced video “The Battle for Sparta.” Participants will then walk about six blocks through the neighborhood learning about the historic homes in the landmarked district. The tour will be led by Dr. Alan Stahl, a historian who serves as president of the Jug Tavern, Inc., the not-for-profit that operates the historic building at the entrance to the Sparta community.
The tour is free, but participation is limited to 20 people. For a reservation or further information, residents can contact email@example.com. Future tours are scheduled for June 8, July 13, and August 10.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Briarcliff; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Briarcliff, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Briarcliff Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs Briarcliff, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency