WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here are five of the biggest events coming up in Westchester.
1. Port Chester Hosts the 68th Annual CYP H.S. All-Star Tournament, Sunday, March 23 to Thursday, March 27
While the sports community will spend March focused on the NCAA Tournament, potential rising basketball stars from the tristate area will be playing at the CYP Gym at Our Lady of Mercy in Port Chester. The 68th annual, four-day long event will hold two games a night, featuring some of the nation’s premier AAU teams and finest high school stars from the region. 7 p.m., $5. 260 Westchester Avenue.
2. The Lavelle Brothers of Rye's Second Annual St. Baldrick's Fundraiser, Saturday, March 22
Aidan, Declan and Liam Lavelle will be shaving their heads at their second annual St. Baldrick's fundraiser, held at the Rye Roadhouse. Guests can cheer on those having their heads shaved for a good cause, have some food and enjoy the music of Danny Powers and his son Stratton. Noon to 4 p.m., 12 High Street.
3. Westchester Italian Cultural Center's Italian Geneaology Fair in Tuckahoe, Saturday, March 22
Looking for answers about your Italian heritage? Don't miss this opportunity to ask the experts. Genealogists will be available to answer questions and provide advice on how to start or continue your genealogical research. Document translations will also be provided. 10 a.m., suggested donation $10. 1 Generoso Pope Place.
4. White Plains' Digital Arts Experience Minecraft Tournament, Saturday, March 22
Are your kids obsessed with Minecraft? The Digital Arts Experience is holding its third Minecraft Tournament. Let your kid's creativity run wild in their build-off tournament. 170 Hamilton Avenue, #100.
5. Mount Kisco's Survive the Drive Seminar, Wednesday, March 26
Survive the Drive's president and executive director will be offering an interactive presentation at the Grand Prix New York, addressing the distractions that affect teens today. Anyone who feels they could use a lesson in distracted driving – teens, parents, grandparents – is encouraged to attend. 333 North Bedford Road.
I’m sure we’ve left some big events out. Tell us where you’ll be heading and why.
- 1 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 2 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician