WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Check out a sweet ride, walk among the butterflies, enjoy a play, jam to classic rock and learn healthy habits – all in Westchester County this weekend.
1. Mount Pleasant Street Fair and Car Show on Sunday, Aug. 17 from noon to 4 p.m.
Check out classic cars while enjoying local vendors, food, rides, music and more in this event, sponsored by the Hawthorne Fire Department and the Thornwood-Hawthorne Chamber of Commerce. Free. Elwood Avenue.
2. Greenburgh Health Fair in White Plains on Friday, Aug. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Got a health question? Hundreds of health-related organizations will be on hand in White Plains to answer your questions and hand out information. Free screenings will be available for blood pressure, pregnancy, HIV, emergency contraception, certain kinds of cancers and more. Free. 295 Knollwood Road.
3. Butterfly and Hummingbird Garden Tour at Pruyn Sanctuary in Chappaqua on Saturday, Aug. 16 at 10 a.m.
Walk among the butterflies and hummingbirds, and learn how to bring them to your backyard. Approximately 80 species of flowers and shrubs will be on display. Guests will receive a handout listing the best nectar and host plants for these colorful creatures. $5 suggested donation. 275 Millwood Road (Rte 133).
4. Village of Ossining Summer Concert Series presents Powderfinger on Friday, Aug. 15 at 7 p.m.
Powderfinger will have you singing and dancing to your classic rock favorites. Enjoy songs from The Allman Brothers, ZZ Top and everything in between. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring seating. Picnics welcome. Free. 160 Westerly Road.
5. Hope Players present Into The Woods at Mamaroneck's Sandbox Theatre on Friday, Aug. 15 at p.m.; Saturday, Aug. 16 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.; and Sunday, Aug. 17 at 2 p.m.
Kick back and enjoy a play, all while supporting breast cancer research. In Into the Woods, James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim masterfully weave together the famous fairy tales as the characters search for, "happily ever after." Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. 931C East Boston Post Road.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading this weekend in the comments below. Want to see your event here?