BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – The Briarcliff Manor-Scarborough Historical Society and the Briarcliff Manor Public Library will host speaker Scott Craven on Tuesday, March 18, at 7 p.m at the library..
Craven’s multimedia program on the history of the mouth of the Croton River will encompass the major historical and ecological themes of Croton Point.
Craven will take visitors from Croton Point’s glacial origins and original inhabitants to brick-making and the railroads, to its notoriety as a landfill and its use now as a beautiful park.
Refreshments will be served. There is no charge, but space should be reserved by calling the Historical Society at 914-941-4393 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library is at 1 Library Road, in Briarcliff Manor.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 4 Area Residents Remain On High Alert After Signs Of Bear In Yorktown
- 5 Snow Could Return To Briarcliff For Monday Morning Commute