BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – The Briarcliff Manor-Scarborough Historical Society and the Briarcliff Manor Public Library will host speaker Scott Craven on Tuesday, March 18, at 7 p.m at the library..
Craven’s multimedia program on the history of the mouth of the Croton River will encompass the major historical and ecological themes of Croton Point.
Craven will take visitors from Croton Point’s glacial origins and original inhabitants to brick-making and the railroads, to its notoriety as a landfill and its use now as a beautiful park.
Refreshments will be served. There is no charge, but space should be reserved by calling the Historical Society at 914-941-4393 or emailing email@example.com.
The library is at 1 Library Road, in Briarcliff Manor.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint Results In 12 Charges