BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- The Briarcliff Library is set to host a new informed discussion on Muslims starting Thursday, Feb. 6.
The Briarcliff Manor Public Library will kick off "Let’s Talk About It: Muslim Journeys," a reading and discussion series with a discussion on "In the Country of Men" at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 6 at the Briarcliff Manor Public Library at 1 Library Road in Briarcliff Manor. The program has been made possible through a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities in cooperation with the American Library Association.
The series features scholar-led readings and discussions designed for informed discussion about the histories, faith and cultures of Muslims around the world and within the United States. Dr. Fawzia Afzal-Khan, a University Distinguished Scholar and Professor of English, and Director of Women and Gender Studies at Montclair State University, New Jersey, will lead the discussions.
Participants are encouraged to attend all five sessions in the series. For more information or to RSVP, residents are asked to email email@example.com or call Melinda Greenblatt at 914-941-7072.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Briarcliff High School Student Publishes Novel With Dad
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Briarcliff