CARMEL, N.Y. -- Wallauer’s in Carmel celebrated the launch of its new Ace Hardware department Friday with grand opening festivities.
To mark the occasion, specials will run throughout the weekend.
Store Manager Vinnie Kempter said Wallauer's and Ace Hardware is a natural combination. They provide customer service and knowledge to take care of customers in a way that big box stores can't, he said.
Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell said she was very excited about the store's expansion.
"It's about expanding job Opportunities and commerce," she said.
The 3,000 square foot store (Wallauer’s has doubled the size of its old location) is packed with thousands of essential products and supplies to help people take care of their homes. Key product offerings include paint, lawn and garden, hardware, electrical, plumbing, automotive and home décor.
Saturday hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Shoppers will receive a free reusable bag and 20 percent off everything that fits in the bag.
On Sunday, May 11, shoppers will receive 50 percent off any one item under $30 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Regular store hours are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday,7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visit www.wallauer.com for complete information on the store's products.
- 1 Westchester High School Students Named Intel National Finalists
- 2 Briarcliff Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Briarcliff
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd