BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- A computer support company recently opened a new data center in Briarcliff Manor.
T5 Data Centers, which provides computing support environments, opened the company's seventh data center location and first T5 facility in Westchester County and the Northeast. The 38,000-square-foot building is located on 9.4 acres in Briarcliff Manor and representatives said the site was chosen because of its proximity to New York City, making it ideal for disaster recovery or use as a “mirror” data center location for enterprise, financial services, trading and technology firms.
“When we decided to open our T5@NY facility, we applied what we learned from Hurricane Sandy,” said Aaron Wangenheim, Chief Marketing Officer for T5 Data Centers. “We chose Briarcliff Manor because we believe it to be one of the safest data center locations in the New York metro, as evidenced by the fact that the area was largely unaffected by Sandy and never lost power. It’s also in the heart of a booming technology region. T5@NY is a great addition to our portfolio, expanding our presence into the Northeast and giving us access to new clients seeking data center resiliency and customization.”
T5 Data Centers is marketing to new tenants for T5@NY now. The facility is expected to be completely operational later this year.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Donald R. Wilde, 88, Of Briarcliff Manor, Playwright, Advertising Executive
- 5 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI