MILLWOOD, NY. -- An old film kiosk located in a Millwood shopping plaza has been selected to serve as what is called The Entrepreneur's Shack.
The project, announced on a Facebook page, includes the back story of the site. The shack is billed as a place for promotion of ideas. The plaza, which includes A&P and Tazza, is at the intersection of Routes 100 and 133.
"Over 20 years ago, when cameras used film, a kiosk was constructed in the Millwood Shopping Center Plaza, as a place film could be drop-off for processing. On Saturday, June 14, the kiosk will be reborn as a place where creative people of all types will have a place to lease for short periods of time to present and sell their ideas, books, art or products."
A grand opening is scheduled for 9 a.m.
The shack is the work of Michael Baker, a businessman and author who wanted to sell some of his books, according to a description on the Facebook page. The shack has a short-term lease for the kiosk.
The shack announced several supporters from the area, including Chappaqua's Susan Lawrence and Pleasantville's ARC Stages Theatre.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Area Residents Remain On High Alert After Signs Of Bear In Yorktown
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam